To keep things simple I added some chocolate chips to Wilton disposable icing bags and microwaved them for about 20 seconds a pop.
Then kneaded the bag between intervals until the chips melted. Cutting a very small hole makes the drizzle pretty and delicate.
You can find many more Spritz flavors and recipes by clicking on my 'spritz cookie' label HERE.
Had to share... I found this really cool company while nosing around the net, Impress Bakeware.
They offer many different sets of discs for cookie presses, all the holidays and many fun themes.
Look at these really cute Valentine's discs they have!
St. Pat's is coming up too-kids would love that fun Leprechaun:@)
1 C butter, softened
3oz cream cheese
1 C sugar
1 large egg, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp red food coloring paste-I used Americolor Super Red Gel Paste
1/2 tsp peppermint extract, optional-I did not use this
2 1/2 C A/P flour
1 Tblsp cocoa powder
1 Tblsp water, for egg wash
Chocolate for drizzling
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg yolk, vanilla, food coloring and peppermint if using.
- Add flour and cocoa powder, mix well.
- Fill press, form cookies onto cool, ungreased cookie sheets. If decorating with sprinkles: Mix egg white with the water, brush on each cookie, add sprinkles. If drizzling with chocolate you don't need the egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on sheets for 2 minutes, remove to wire rack.
- Once cool, drizzle with melted chocolate.