Now, don't take this to Vegas but...
The Patriot's cookies stayed together pretty well while slicing...
The Falcon's kinda crumbled a bit. Just sayin'.
Tip: The sprinkles stick a little better (and quicker) if you rub moistened hands over the cookie log before rolling in sprinkles.
I made a half batch and used a 2" container of sprinkles per team. Plan on using lots of sprinkles.
Oatmeal Sprinkle Cookies-from Scrambled Henfruit
~Also known as Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies and Rusty Logs
1 C powdered sugar
1 C butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C A/P flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add the rest, mix until combined.
- Divide dough and roll into two logs, approximately 1 1/2 round. Refrigerate dough for a half hour if it's too sticky to work with (I didn't need to do this).
- Pour sprinkles onto wax paper, wet dough with damp hands, and roll logs in sprinkles, pressing firmly, until covered.
- Wrap in the wax paper and refrigerate until firm, or overnight.
- Slice cookies 1/4" thick and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-25 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Cool on rack.
As for the game today, I'm really only rooting for a win in my block pool! Those sprinkles aren't Eagles green folks...
And hopefully there will be some fun commercials too.
Here's wishing everyone the best of Super Bowl Sunday, eat well and enjoy:@)