Thursday, January 5, 2017

Sweet Cornbread-A Bread Machine Recipe

Let me start by saying I'm very fond of the cornbread I make in my cast iron skillet, but... My son doesn't do much baking and is thinking about getting a bread machine, and since he loves cornbread I thought we'd give this Bread Machine Sweet Cornbread a try, it was good! He says Whole Foods makes a cornbread that's sweet and almost like cake... That's what we were aiming for:@)

1 lb Sweet Cornbread-adapted from the Zo Cookbook that came with my bread maker
2 eggs, lightly beaten
7/8 C milk-I used half and half
3/4 C A/P flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 C butter, melted and cooled
3 Tblsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C cornmeal
1/2 tsp vanilla
  1. Add everything in order suggested by your manufacturer (pretty much as written).
  2. Select "cake" setting.
  3. After it mixes for 5 minutes, scrape down the sides with spatula.
  4. Allow to cool in pan after it bakes.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. I am with you. Never knew there was any other way but mix it up from scratch and bake in iron skillet. Best way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've always made a sweet cornbread and don't really like the dry, non-sweet type. I remember making my cornbread for one of Rich's friends and he said, "This isn't cornbread, it's cake". He grew up in Georgia and I guess preferred the non-sweet type! Was your son happy happy with the results?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DID think this was cake! It looks so dense and fabulous!! I'm a fan of the sweeter cornbread, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I've never tried a sweet cornbread before and I don't know if my bread machine has a 'cake' setting but that's probably because I've just never used it for that purpose before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cornbread does look like cake Lynn, I'll take a slice for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!