The store bought crescent rolls were very easy to work with, simply cut them into three pieces with a pizza cutter.
I used cocktail sausage from Aldi. You can use any little sausage or hotdogs, but it's hard to beat $1.99 at Aldi:@)
Assembly is pretty straight forward, and I do recommend baking them on foil for easy clean-up.
So cute and fun!
Serve with assorted mustards.
short jalapenos, just a little longer than the meat
cheddar or American cheese-or your cheese of choice
light sprinkle of onion powder-optional
cooked bacon, minced-optional-I didn't use this
cocktail size hotdogs or sausage
tube(s) of crescent rolls-each tube will wrap 24 hotdogs
- Cut jalapenos in half, clean out seeds and membranes (if desired-I desired). Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Add a small schmear of cream cheese to each pepper half.
- Add a small sliver of cheddar or American cheese to each pepper half.
- Sprinkle lightly with onion powder and bacon if using.
- Add hot dog/sausage to each pepper half.
- Unroll crescent rolls, slice each roll into thirds long ways. Gently stretch each piece to be able to wrap it around the pepper. Start with the wide end, tuck under stem end of pepper, wrap around pepper a couple times and tuck skinny end under dough or pepper (see pics).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with mustard or condiments of choice.