The full recipe calls for two 8" round cake pans, I used an 8" square pan.
Had to chuckle at a comment by Bloggy Buddy Jenna...
She says she sneaks the zucchini into treats by telling her Grands it's "super hero sugar".
I love it!
All I can say is, this was a very popular cake here at Casa de Pig In Mud:@)
Funfetti Yellow or White Zucchini Cake-adapted from I Am Baker
1/2 C butter, room temperature
2/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 egg whites-I used one whole egg for half the recipe
2 C A/P flour
2 Tblsp cornstarch
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 C milk-I had Half and Half
1 C shredded zucchini, squeezed dry-grab handfuls and squeeze, whatever liquid comes out is good enough
3 Tblsp sprinkles
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until light a fluffy.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding flour and milk to butter mixture, mix until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini by hand. Add sprinkles with the last stir or two.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8" cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and frost. I made Hershey's One Bowl Buttercream Frosting HERE.