Saturday, February 20, 2016

Chocolate Mint Magic Cookie Bars

These Chocolate Mint Magic Cookie Bars are chewy and rich and the green chips would be a fun treat for St. Patrick's Day or Christmas. I've really come to love these bar type cookies, they're easy to assemble and always bake up nice (unlike some cookies that can spread too much in the oven).
 Gooey coconut and pecans...
An Oreo crust with a minty chocolate chip topping...
You know you want one:@)
I found the Nestle Chips at Dollar Tree, it's like a scavenger hunt every time I go there... 
You never know what you'll find next:@)

Chocolate Mint Magic Cookie Bars-from Nestle.com
2 C finely ground Oreos-around 15 cookies
1/4 C butter, melted
1 1/2 C chopped nuts-I used pecans
1 C coconut*
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 C Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels-1 C is fine if you want to cut back
  1. Place cookie crumbs in a 9x13" pan (I lined mine with Reynolds Release), pour butter over crumbs and mix well. Press crumbs down into pan evenly. 
  2. Sprinkle with nuts and coconut. *I measured the coconut then gave it a quick whirl in the food chopper.
  3. Pour sweetened condensed milk over everything, be sure to pour some down the sides too. 
  4. Top with chocolate/mint chips. Press down slightly.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees (325 for a glass pan) for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. 
  6. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. 
  7. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Have a sticky sweet happy day!

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday
Link Party Palooza

11 comments:

  1. I assume these crumbs for the base would NOT be gluten free? They do look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn...who doesn't LOVE chocolate & mint together? I am going to check out Dollar Tree tomorrow for those treats.
    Appreciate the recipe, Hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look rich and loaded! (no, i'm not looking for a sugar daddy...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thos elook very inviting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!!! I could eat the whole pan of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the Oreo crust in your bars Lynn! Score on your winter chips from Dollar Tree too, it IS like a scavenger hunt shopping there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband would go crazy over these. You find the neatest things Lynn.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I do want one, Lynn! I'll be checking the Dollar Tree aisles tomorrow to see if I find any. What a great St. Patrick's Day treat.
    P. S. I love bar cookies, too, for the same reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookie bars are my favorite too Lynn, and Oreos! Yes please! Great recipe, thanks!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect St. Patty's Day treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!