Friday, July 3, 2015

Spicy Green Bean Stir Fry

I've never eaten at PF Chang's but my son is especially fond of their green beans, apparently they're worth the hour drive to get them... Since my planter gave me a bunch of beans a quick Google was in order, it told me I had all the ingredients on hand.  My only change, I saw this as an opportunity to use some of the sweet red chili sauce in the fridge instead of dry flakes and sugar. While my Spicy Green Bean Stir Fry might not be authentic, it sure is tasty:@)

Spicy Green Bean Stir Fry-adapted from food.com
1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
1/4 C water
2 Tblsp grated ginger
2 Tblsp garlic, thinly sliced
2 Tblsp cooking oil-I used vegetable

Sauce:
2 Tblsp soy sauce
1 Tblsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tblsp sweet red chili sauce
  1. Mix sauce, set aside.
  2. Boil water in wok, add beans, cook for 3-5 minutes, drain.
  3. Heat wok over high heat, add oil, ginger and garlic, cook until fragrant.
  4. Add beans, stir constantly until beans are soft, about 3 minutes.
  5. Add sauce, stir until it thickens and glazes beans.
  6. Serve with rice if desired.
Have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

9 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! You share the best recipes! I just prepared your refrigerator pickles and have them marinating in the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'll bet your son will be so pleased to try these, and he won't have to drive an hour...only to Mom's house!
    Happy 4th, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a spicy gal :) These would be great with the beef kabobs! Have a great 4th, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, looks like they are delicious!
    Happy 4th of July!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Lynn, this looks wonderful. I love green beans. Have a Happy Fourth.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love PF Chang's Spicy Green Beans Lynn! I'll give your version a try next time I see some beans at the farmers market. Happy 4th to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I love green beans and haven't ever had them spicy! Love sweet chili sauce, this will be going on our menu asap, thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look really good, Lynn! I have a lot of green beans in my garden too so I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing. You're such a good cook!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!