Monday, September 1, 2014

Sweet Hot Honey Mustard Chicken Wings

Man I thought these wings were great! The kind of great where you hate to take that last bite or you're running your finger over the plate to lick up the last of the sauce... You know, if you did that sort of thing:@) What I'm trying to say folks is, do not hesitate to make these Sweet Hot Honey Mustard Wings! The honey and mustard really came through, I didn't notice any heat while eating but there was a little warmth when done... This was totally different and truly a treat for me.
I made a half batch of sauce, it would have easily been enough for 8-10 monster wings.
The chef bakes his wings, this piggy fried hers and they'd be amazing grilled too, anything but boiled folks...
Do yourself a favor and once they're coated and you add the wings to a platter, 
use a spatula and drizzle the leftover sauce over the wings. You will thank me:@)

Sweet Hot Honey Mustard Wings-from Allrecipes
2 lbs chicken wings and drumettes
2 Tblsp Dijon mustard
2 Tblsp prepared yellow mustard
3 Tblsp honey
2 tsp cider vinegar
S&P to taste-do add a pinch of salt, it's important
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
  1. Either: Bake wings at 400 degrees for approx 40 minutes or until done, flip them over at 20 minutes. Or fry wings until done, I suggest the twice fried method HERE. Or grill over indirect heat until done, searing the last few minutes over high heat.
  2. Mix the sauce ingredients in a large bowl, coat wings, pig out, cheer for your team and love life!!!

18 comments:

  1. I love wings, and these really do sound delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lynn, and Happy Labor Day!

    xo

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The honey mustard sauce sounds like something we would love Lynn! Wishing you a Happy & Delicious Labor Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mustard sauce sounds amazing. Sauces can really make or break a dish. Hope you are having a nice long weekend Lynn.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious, wings are my favorite chicken part :-). The sauce sounds so good! I HAVE to try this. I read your country has a Holiday, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finger-licking good for sure! I think the sauce would be good on pork as well.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to fix these for my son, Lynn. He's excited that football season is here and he does love wings!
    Happy Labor Day to you! Hope you'll have a fun day in Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. saucy wings are just not my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you didn't notice any heat...with ONLY 1 tsp. of hot pepper sauce! Pffftttt! That's nothing for YOU! LOL *wink*

    I wonder if I could substitute Splenda for the honey in this recipe & make them more diabetic friendly? I shall research the subject (i.e. my Splenda cookbook) and see what I can learn.
    Thanks for telling us about them, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great Lynn! I am such a heat wimp I shy away from the traditional hot wings, but these look right up my alley! I shall pass this along to my "wing master!" Happy Labor Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sauce does sound so good and, like Bonnie said, I'll bet it would be great on pork also! Here that, Earl?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know these are good! We use equal parts of prepared yellow mustard and honey on pork chops, and they are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They sound amazing, love the sweet/savory/spicy combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mustard is a wonderful addition to sauces. These sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a terrific sauce! Perfect dish for this week's football games!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my simple AND delicious - what more could I ask for! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. These wings are a must try. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynn,
    Your Sweet Hot Honey Mustard sauce looks fabulous, great for those football wings. Our team could sure use something hot to get them going! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sauce is amazing i am making a second batch of wings and sauce tonight i did a little tweaking to fit our tastes but its a wonderful sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!