Sunday, August 24, 2014

Smiley Face Deviled Eggs

How about whipping up some Smiley Face Deviled Eggs! Why? Just because we can:@) Ok, if we really need a reason, how fun would it be for the kids to come home from school to find this snack. You'd bring a chuckle to the Labor Day BBQ, or take some to the next football party and hope your team doesn't turn them into frowny face deviled eggs...
Pin It
I trimmed the corners off the eyes in the upper pic and just left them rectangular in the lower pic... it's your choice. 
My best suggestion would be to get large olives, I only had small ones. You'd have a wider smile with the larger olives.
Nothing fancy here folks, just make your favorite deviled eggs and smooth the yolks into a circle with your finger. Cut the olives into rings, then in half for the smile. Cut smaller pieces for the eyes and press them into the yolks to make the smiley face.

17 comments:

  1. Your smiley face eggs would cheer anyone up. And I bet they taste good too. Happy Sunday Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good and they would make an excellent party dish.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, and tasty too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! I would make these for myself! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you play with your food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun-Fun! The grandkidlets would get a real kick out of these. We're having a family gathering this coming Labor Day weekend & I just might make some...thanks for the inspiration, Lynn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!! These would bring out the kid in anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, You put a smile on my face as well as on your Deviled Eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute! And I love the idea of pairing ripe olives with deviled eggs! Wonderful dish to add to our Labor Day menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, Lynn! I know you keep your family smiling with your adorable and tasty cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you like to play with your food, too, Lynn! Just the simple little things in life can put a smile (or frown) on someone's face. You have the most fun ideas for deviled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable and edible in every bite. You have incredible ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your collection of Deviled Eggs. Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Your post has been pinned with the party!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!