I will say that even though things didn't go as planned, they were still very tasty and gobbled up:@)
Overall I still think this is a great idea for the summer holidays,
only I encourage you to try it with a bag of the royal blue candy melts.
- Wash berries and dry well. Remove the stem and leaves. Make two cuts from the point of the berry down far enough to open it up a bit but not all the way to the bottom. Stick your finger in the berry and gently nudge it open a bit.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave, stir well. Dip the bottom of the berries into the candy, make sure you leave some of the red showing. Set down on wax/parchment paper or a silicone mat and nudge it open again with your finger. Let dry completely. (I placed them in the fridge for a few minutes.)
- Filling: 8oz cream cheese, softened- 1/2 C powdered sugar- 1/4 tsp vanilla- mix well. (A half batch of the filling was good for about 12 good sized strawberries.)
- Put filling into a disposable icing bag and gently fill each berry.
- Sprinkle top with festive nonpareils.
- Store, covered, in the fridge until serving time.
Have a happy day:@)