And of course not dying the cake at all would make a pretty dessert for Mother's Day or the summer holidays.
Pina Colada Cake Roll
1 C sugar-I cut back a bit
2 Tblsp dark rum
1 Tblsp cold water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
red, yellow and green food coloring-optional
1. Beat eggs well, add sugar, beat till light. Add water and vanilla.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder, add it to the wet and mix well.
3. If using food coloring divide batter into three bowls and mix in color.
4. Pour batter onto wax paper lined jelly roll pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and roll up (see tips HERE). Let cool completely.
8oz can crushed pineapple, juice poured off and reserved
1/2 C shredded coconut
3/4 C coconut milk
1/3 C sugar
3 Tblsp cornstarch
1. Put pineapple, coconut, coconut milk and sugar into pot, bring to a boil.
2. Mix cornstarch and reserved juice, add to pot.
3. Cook until very thick, stirring constantly.
4. Let cool completely.
1. Unroll cake and slather with filling.
2. Re-roll cake, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Fiesta until you need a siesta and have a happy day:@)