Update: Some how I lost my original post which was good ole plain rolls. It's the recipe below minus the egg wash and seeds. We like to sub about 1/2 C whole wheat flour for some of the A/P flour.
Classic Dinner Rolls Using Rapid Rise Yeast-from breadworld.com
2 to 2 1/4 C A/P flour
2 Tblsp sugar
1 envelope (2 1/4 tsp) rapid rise yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C milk
1/4 C water
2 Tblsp butter
Egg wash or cornstarch wash
- Combine 3/4 C flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in large bowl.
- Heat milk, water and butter until warm (120 degrees), add to flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add 1/4 C flour, beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour 1/4 C at a time to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces, cut each piece into thirds, shape into balls and lightly coat the top with one of the washes, dip in seeds and place 3 pieces (seeds up) in each section of a greased cupcake pan. Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and brush with additional butter if desired.
Have a happy day:@)