I knew I had to make some changes and believe me when I say I am not a "handy" person.
This Halloween decoration just needed to be modified.
So first I removed the light, stuck a ruler into the pumpkin and pushed the round piece of plastic from the hole out. Played with the thought of gluing that circle back into the hole but it still let light in around the edges so I glued cardboard (dabbed with white paint) over the hole.
Then I managed to make a new hole in the plastic with a screw (this isn't that carvable funkin material) and used a pair of wire cutters to chip away at the plastic to make a new opening for the light up top. Maybe one day my boys can figure out how to cleanly cut out that original indent and we'll start over...
So it's not perfect but for now...
We can have a cup of coffee at the table without being blinded by the light:@)
Have a happy day!