Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Popcorn

Ok, it's after Labor Day so that means it's socially acceptable to post pumpkin recipes, right??? Right:@) This Pumpkin Spice Popcorn immediately went to the front of my "must try" list and it's very good!
The brown sugar melts down and turns it into a kettle corn. A word of warning though, there's a reason Alton Brown calls melted sugar "napalm" folks... You'll want to let it cool and harden for a couple minutes before serving and I don't think kids should help make this one... but they'll love eating it:@)

Pumpkin Spice Popcorn-from A Blossoming Life
1/3 C popcorn kernels
3 Tblsp coconut oil-I used vegetable oil
3 Tblsp brown sugar-optional 1 Tblsp to sprinkle on after popping-I didn't add the extra sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
salt to taste
  1. Add 3 kernels and oil to pan with lid over medium/high heat.
  2. Once they start to pop add the rest of the popcorn and shake well.
  3. Add brown sugar and shake well.
  4. Keep shaking vigorously until popping slows down and carefully pour into a bowl.
  5. Immediately sprinkle with some of the spices and salt, flip popcorn a few times and finish sprinkling with spices and salt.
  6. Let cool and enjoy!
Have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

17 comments:

  1. Joe makes stove top popcorn almost daily. i adore kettle corn so this i know I would love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful - I just love pop corn. I am going to try it. Thanks so much for the recipe. I love anything pumpkin.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMM!!

    I would have added the extra sugar! LOL

    I'm glad you restrained yourself from adding cayenne pepper. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect for our pumpkin carving party....saving this to make in October so that I try to make it every night. Just had regular kettle corn last night. Every time I pull out the pot to make my son popcorn, my husband thinks that means that he get hot kettle corn that night. Usually true since the pan is already dirty with popcorn but it does take a little more effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun flavored popcorn! It was actually cool enough today to think fall might be on its way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look very good, Lynn. I would enjoy munching them while watching TV..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn, I think it's ok to start with the pumpkins once September hits! This sounds delicious. Lots of finger licking needed! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another popcorn recipe for me to try! Bring on the pumpkins! I'm beyond ready for fall, 90 degree temps makes it a little hard to imagine hot cider, sweaters, and crackling fires though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought of using pumpkin spice in popcorn. They would be great to serve at a Halloween party or any fall event for that matter.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good. I'm definitely going to try this one.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun is this. I make a pumpkin pie caramel corn but this is even easier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds fabulous! Hard to move to Fall recipes, but this is a great way to start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is it that the calendar flips to September and all of a sudden pumpkins and apples sound so good? This sounds amazing and not hard to make. I will be trying this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a twist on regular popcorn and perfect for fall. love it if you had time to come link up your recipe to Friday Food Frenzy this week. Hope to see you there. http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/showcase-food-recipes-friday-food-frenzy-96.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!