Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fall and/or Halloween Flowers-Crochet

I'm always looking for ideas for my holiday feather tree and thought I'd Crochet Fall Flowers to use as ornaments. To turn them into Halloween Flowers I simply glued on the cute little spider and added some fun brown metallic glitter eyelash yarn.

After trying a couple different techniques I decided to sew the eyelash trim on to the first row after the flower was crocheted. I did have to spend some time with a pin pulling/picking the little pieces of glitter string through the holes though. (So it sticks out and you can see it).

These funky yarns were marked down to 99¢ at my Michaels-love them!

  Spider buttons/findings are in most craft stores and Walmart.

Very easy!

Ruffled 3D Flower-by The Party Artisan
**Please stop by their blog HERE for a detailed step by step picture tutorial! This is a user friendly perfect pattern folks, it works great!!!
Ch 29
Skip 1st stitch and SC across
Make petals:
Turn, Ch 2, 4 HDC in 1st hole, sl st next hole, 5 HDC in next hole.
*Sl st next hole, 5 DC in next hole, repeat from * 4 more times.
*Sl st next hole, 4 TC then 1 DC in next hole, repeat from * 6 more times, end with sl st in last hole.
Fasten off and leave a long tail to sew the flower together.
Wrap up the flower in a circle starting with the 2 small petals.
Flip over and sew together.

Double Layer Flower (with spider) can be found HERE. I kinda sorta used the directions for the third flower down.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Lynnie! Oh, look at you being all crafty and spooky at the same time. These are really very cute. I love your little crocheted flowers and the fuzzy yarn is a great addition.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented with a crochet needle! Your salads look beautiful and your dried peppers....to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers! they'll look so good on your holiday tree. I need to learn to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and would make a really fun banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those flowers cute, Lynn!?! I will be sure to check out the site that you mentioned. I'm in need of some projects to stay busy. Thank you for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and would make a great brooch for a jacket or coat once the weather turns more autumnal. Dev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great...boy...you sure have done well with your crocheting. You seem to really catch on fast...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful Lynn. I must pass them on to my SIL who loves to crochet. The spiders are great for Halloween.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Lynn! Love the cool yarns you found, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are fun for halloween, Lynn, with the spider centers!

    Famous Dave's was selling chocolate covered bacon at "A Taste of Colorado Festival"....I was soooo tempted...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How stinking cute is that?! Love those MS yarns!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I love these flowers that you made & they perfect for Halloween! I saw it on Crochet Happy link party.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are soo cute Lynn! And that glittery yarn is gorgeous! Might have to look out for some of that myself!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute ruffle flowers! And such a good ideas!! :) Happy weekend! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! Thanks for linking up on Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful. Perfect design for the halloween party!

    || Send Flowers to Philippines ||

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!