This recipe makes 12 large 3" rolls, I'd call them hamburger buns.
They even had that shape...
Definitely regular cheeseburger size:@)
Overnight Refrigerator Rolls-from Taste of Home
2 1/4 tsp yeast or 1 package
1/2 C warm water
1/2 C warm 2% milk
1/4 C butter flavored shortening-I used butter
1 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp salt
*3 C A/P flour
- In large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add everything else but only *2 cups flour. Mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the last cup of flour to make a soft dough. Do not knead.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and store in fridge overnight.
- When ready to make rolls, punch down dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 pieces.
- Shape into a ball, place 2" apart (seam side down) on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise until double in a warm place, approx 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Have a happy day:@)