Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Challah Rolls with Lawry's Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic Blend

To say I'm smitten with Lawry's Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic Coarse Ground Blend Seasoned Salt would be a huge understatement... I flat out love it! (Although I must say there is no truth to the rumor I've been sleeping with the bottle under my pillow:@)

I had enough Challah dough left in the fridge to make rolls and really wanted to do something different with it. So I rolled it out, cut it into 8 pieces (about 6" x 1" each) and sprinkled them with the seasoned salt. Not crazy heavy, just enough that the dough was lightly covered with a pretty red color. Then I folded it in half, tied it in a knot and tucked the ends under. Gave the tops a light dusting of the Lawry's too...
As you can see, they rose into pretty round rolls with great streaks of red through them. These rolls went fast! My son mentioned they are a little saltier than other rolls (as he was reaching for his second one:@), but I felt the flavor was great -loved the garlic- and I will be using this seasoning on bread again!
The Challah recipe I use is from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day and you can find it HERE.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

18 comments:

  1. Lynn, Your rolls look delicious and I've got to pick up some of this salt! I bet it would be great sprinkled over some oven fries or chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to grab my car keys and get myself to the grocery store from some of that salt!! Those rolls are fine.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Strips the other day and she calls for regular Lawry Season Salt mixed in with the flour - I bet this would be even better. Next time I'm at the store I will be picking up a bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny!!! Since you got me hooked on it,I've been using it every chance I have. The challah rolls look so pretty and I already have the Aritisan Bread cookbook, I'll be trying the rolls soon, with your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these look magnificent! I adore challah...and adding Lawrys was a delicious idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would 'flat out love' the addition of Lawry's seasonings to challah or any bread or any food for that matter. Lowry's has never failed to delight my family's tastebuds! And now I've got a great new challah recipe to make! Thanks so much!

    Happy Spring!
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rolls really look delicious. The salt is a really interesting and must try addition. I hope your day is off to a great start. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so good! I could reach in and grab one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen that Lawry's seasoning and I bet it would be great on so many things.....must get some!! The rolls look delicious! I always leave here hungry!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's on my list! I'd love one of those rolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your secret. I haven't seen this one, but I'm going to look.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect way to sneak the flavor into the middle. I love it - reaching for a second maybe a third one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've sold me on this new Lawry's seasoning, Lynn--I'm buying it on my next trip to the supermarket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynn,
    Mmmmm, that looks tempting. Thank you for the idea.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love bread. Love chile. Love garlic.
    Definitely will make these, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I.can't find any Chile and Garlic anymore is it discontinued ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I can't find it any more either... Such a shame, it's really good stuff:@)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!