Jam Shortbread-from Food Network Magazine
1 1/2 C A/P flour
1/3 C sugar
Pinch of salt
10 Tblsp unsalted butter at room temp-I used salted
6 Tblsp preserves (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 inch square dish with aluminum foil, leaving an over hang.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Work the butter in with you fingers to make a crumbly dough.
- Remove 2 Tblsp of dough and place in refrigerator. Press the rest into the baking dish. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- Spread with preserves leaving 1/2" border.
- Crumble Reserved dough on top.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, approx 25 minutes-watch this, mine were over done. Maybe 18-20 minutes in my oven.
- Remove from oven, let cool 20 minutes, remove from pan and cut into squares.