- I always add 3 Tblsp cornstarch to my 1 C measure and then top it off with A/P flour. It just helps make a lighter, crisper Pizzelle.
- Be sure to place the batter off-center, more towards the back of the press. The motion of closing the press automatically pushes the batter forward, this helps compensate for that.
- For this simple project you don't need to use icing tips, just snip the end of the icing bags off. I did use the tips because I had them.
- If you don't want mint just use 1 tsp vanilla. If you'd like to make them for Christmas red and green food coloring is pretty.
3 eggs, room temperature
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C butter, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp mint extract-any kind you have
1 3/4 C A/P flour-I sub 3 Tblsp corn starch then fill the rest of the measuring cup with flour
2 tsp baking powder
Food coloring if desired.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add butter and extracts.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, add to wet, mix well.
- Separate for adding food coloring.
- Drop by spoonful onto press, add colored dough by squeezing from an icing bag (if desired).
- Bake till crisp, cool on paper towels and store in air tight container.