I'll let you call it what you wish, you know your crowd:@)
Note: Do I think kids can help make this one? No, melted sugar is extremely hot, just let them enjoy it!
Jello Rainbow Popcorn-from Kraft
8 C popped popcorn
1 C salted peanuts or cashews-optional
1/4 C butter
3 Tblsp light corn syrup
1/2 C brown sugar or white sugar-I used white
1 small box Jello, lime-or you could use other flavors/colors
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, line a sheet pan with foil or wax paper. Reynolds Release or silicone is best.
- Toss popcorn and peanuts in large bowl, I just mix it all on the sheet pan.
- Place butter and corn syrup in small pan, heat on low until butter is melted.
- Add sugar and Jello, stir until Jello has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour immediately over popcorn, toss well to coat. This is why I mix it on the sheet pan, I can drizzle it over as much popcorn as possible.
- Put popcorn on sheet pan and spread out using 2 forks.
- Bake for 10 minutes-I suggest stirring it halfway, remove from oven, cool completely, break apart and store in an air tight container.
For more Jello ideas you can check out these posts:
Jello Frosting-Green would be great for St. Pat's!