I use the dressing on regular salads too.
3/4 C sugar-can cut back
1 C vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
3/4 C cider vinegar
1/4 C onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
-Add all to a blender or food processor and let 'er rip.
- This recipe is easily cut in half, and half fits into the Good Seasonings Cruet.
- I do cut back on the sugar and use 1/4 cup for half the recipe. Plenty sweet for me.
- Any onion will do, but if I was planning to make this dressing, I'd buy a sweet onion.
- Don't know when you bought poppy seeds last... but they're expensive! I keep poppy and sesame seeds in the freezer, they stay fresher longer.
- Just saw these fun mason jar lids on Food In Jars, what a great idea for salad dressing! They can be purchased HERE.