The pic is a little fuzzy because it's 37 degrees this morning (we had a hard frost last night too),
and there's a lot of steam coming off that soup!
Italian White Bean and Spinach Soup-adapted from Sundaynitedinner
2 Tblsp olive oil
4-5 garlic cloves minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp fresh Rosemary minced, or 1/2 tsp dry
1 (15 oz) can white beans, such as great northern (my preference) or cannolini, drained and rinsed well
4 C chicken stock
S&P to taste
- Heat medium pot over medium heat, add olive oil and brown meat with S&P. Break into small pieces and drain fat.
- Add garlic and onions and saute, stirring, till onions are soft (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add beans, herbs, stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in spinach and heat till cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- You can add some Chicken Better Than Bullion if you think it needs a little flavor boost (you'd think I was on their payroll:@).
- Adjust S&P if necessary.