Fancy minus the fuss:@)
What to do with the scraps? How about Fudge Balls:
when it gets shiny roll it into a ball and embellish with candy decorations.
5 Minute Fudge with Maraschino Cherries
(Foolproof fudge! This recipe has been around forever and can be cut in half, just use a bread pan)
2 Tblsp butter
2/3 C evaporated milk (the 12oz can makes 2 batches)
1 2/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 C mini marshmallows
1 1/2 C good semi-sweet choco chips (I like Ghirardelli)
1 tsp vanilla
Maraschino cherries, dried well
- Combine butter, milk, sugar and salt in sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows, chips and vanilla. (It's best to have all of this already measured out in a bowl ready to pour into the pot. I used walnuts in this post here.)
- Stir vigorously until marshmallows melt and blend in (a minute or two).
- Pour into 8" square buttered pan (I just line the bottom and sides of the pan with Reynolds Release or tin foil). Spread fudge out and smooth the top quickly.
- Push cherries (that you have dried very well on paper towels) into the fudge.
- Cool and cut into squares, or shapes with a cookie cutter. Note: it's easier to use the cookie cutter when the fudge is chilled and firm but not totally cold.