BOO... Click my 'Halloween Food' label for fun party ideas :@)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Salmon Meatballs?

Hey everyone! This week for my Personal PIGskin Challenge I decided to make Salmon Meatballs. Now, I'm always honest with you... This is very good, but there's no way they can be made into meatballs! Salmon Cakes for dinner-yes-yum, but it's too soft and squishy for meatballs.
I made the small 2.6oz pouch of salmon, so I'm going to give you the measurements for that small amount. It would serve one, maybe two people with smaller appetites and a few side dishes.

Salmon Meatballs Cakes
2.6oz envelope salmon
1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 heaping Tblsp dried breadcrumbs
1 Tblsp mayonnaise
2 tsp onion, finely diced
2 tsp bell pepper (red and/or green), finely diced
A little black pepper
1/8 C breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Olive oil
Tarter Sauce (recipe follows)
  1. Mix the first 7 ingredients breaking up the salmon.
  2. Mix the 1/8 C breadcrumbs and 1/4 tsp Old Bay in a separate bowl. 
  3. Shape 2-3 salmon patties about 3/4" thick, coat entirely in breadcrumbs.
  4. Cover the bottom of an 8" skillet in olive oil (about 1/4" deep) and heat to medium.
  5. Fry the patties until golden brown on each side.
  6. Set on paper towel to drain.
  7. Serve with Tarter Sauce.
Tarter Sauce
1 Tblsp mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp relish
1/4 tsp spicy mustard
Have a happy day:@)

14 comments:

  1. Good morning Lynn, The salmon meatballs look good but I think I would rather have a salmon steak instead. Smile! We don't have salmon often and making the little meatballs is labor intensive. Don't hate me. HA!

    I love your peppermint pig. That is a cute idea.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Blessings, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I love salmon cakes! Thanks so much for the congrats on my pumpkins! And Thanksgiving is almost here, so I wanted to send my best wishes for a wonderful holiday filled with family, laughter and...of course...good food! Happy Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just so happens that I have not one but two envelopes of salmon sent to me from a friend in Washington state. I do believe I'll try your recipe when I open them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love salmon and happen not to eat it often enough. Must get our omega3's. I shall try these. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had salmon cakes in forever..and I now have an intense craving for them.... Like..I want to go out and get the fixins RIGHT NOW!!! These look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom made salmon patties...won't she be surprised when I tell her that she could have made them into meatballs....naw...never mind...she'd think she had to serve them with spaghetti! I just can't go there...spaghetti and salmon! They do look good with the dip though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We actually love salmon patties. I don't make them often, but sometimes they sound really good. I'm sure I'd love these.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My family loves salmon patties so I'm sure we would love these. I make the patties quite often, especially when I'm at a loss for what to cook. We keep canned salmon in the pantry always. Yours have a beautiful color and they look crispy-- and yummy. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn!-----Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many Blessings to you and your love ones this Thanksgiving..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here you go with the meatballs again! Yum!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tartar sauce looks wonderful. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look delicious! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...