I had three nectarines to use up so...
And since this was just for me, I didn't bother peeling them.
Today is National Can It Forward Day
And the Ball site is HomeCanning.com
1 1/3 C chopped fruit (approx 3 nectarines or peaches)
1/3 C water
1 Tblsp lemon juice
1 Tblsp low sugar/no sugar pectin*
1/2 C (or less) sugar
- Add first four ingredients to sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar, return to rolling boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat, put into serialized jars, add lids and process in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- This will make one pint of jam.
- You can easily store this in the fridge and save the processing time.
- *The Ball recipe called for 1 1/2 Tblsp pectin, I just thought that was too much so I cut back. Mine set up fine.
- Ball has jars of pectin out this year so you can make 2-22 jars of jam, and just so you know, a box of pectin is 3 Tblsp. I've seen both at Walmart and supermarkets.
- I prefer low/no sugar pectin and then just adding some sugar to it.
- Proper, safe home canning instructions can be found HERE.
Have a happy day:@)