Friday, November 26, 2010

Holly Cupcakes!

Hi everyone! Today I'm happy to be joining all of the fun seasonal parties listed below! Tis the season for baking and I made some Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. The decorations are gum drops that I rolled flat with a rolling pin, then just cut with a knife and shaped by hand.
The recipe is straight from the BHG cookbook, my only addition was a handful of raisins.
1/4 of the recipe makes 6 cupcakes, nice if you don't want a full batch!

And just to show you that I really can laugh at my disasters...
Not the look I was aiming for!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are looking forward to a fun weekend:@)

Carrot Cake
2 C AP flour
2 C sugar (I used less)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I used less)
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I used more)
3 C finely shred carrot
1 C oil
4 eggs
Optional: raisins and nuts
Grease and lightly flour a 13x9x2 pan ( or two 9" round pans).
Mix all dry, add the rest and mix with an electric mixer until combined.
Bake at 325 degrees approx 50-60 minutes (about 18 minutes for cupcakes).
Cool and frost.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 3oz brick cream cheese, softened
1/4 C butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 C sifted powdered sugar
With mixer beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla till fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, mix well.

I'm joining:
Foodie Friday

13 comments:

  1. Very cute...they look delish. Thanks for joining in on my recipe swap. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the mistake looks cute. Don't be so hard on yourself. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving cupcakes look like the same idea that we did only with sugar cookies. I think they turned out cute! LOVE the holly cakes, especially with the cup and dessert plate.
    Have a great weekend!
    Debbie@lakehouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. your header makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcakes are "YUMMY" and I WILL make them and of course WITH the raisins too... I am "LOVING" your dishes!!! They are wonderful...
    Hugs to you, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ♥ ♥ ♥ those dishes!!!! Great job on the holly from gum drops. The candy corn turkey isn't THAT bad, either. LOL It was a good thought & that's what counts, I've been told.

    Hope you T'day was loads of fun!
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I like your turkey cupcake, but that Holly cupcake sounds delicious! I love carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting. Can you mail me some? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look yummy. I love carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I think your turkey is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are cute cupcakes- even the turkey! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your cupcakes and your lovely Christmas milk glass dishes :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, your turkey is cute, even if he is not perfect! Love that you used gum drops that is a terrific idea. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cupcake looks yummy, and aren't those dishes it's served on pretty! Happy Belated Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for joining my blog party, Cupcake Sunday. I love the holly on top of the cupcake and carrot cupcakes yum!!!. Thanks again.
    xo
    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!