Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo - Arroz con Dulce

Happy Foodie Friday!
I hope you all had a great Cinco de Mayo! I made Arroz con Dulce to take to the office and it was a huge hit. I've made it a few times now and this is truthfully the best rice pudding I've ever had!
Arroz con Dulce
3 C water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp whole cloves
1 Tblsp crushed fresh ginger
(1) 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
1 C regular, uncooked, short-grain rice
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C raisins

Directions:
Add water, salt, cloves and ginger to a deep sauce pan, Bring to a boil, sieve through a colander to remove spices. 
Bring water to a boil again. Add coconut milk, rice and sugar. Cook covered over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes. Add raisins. Cook uncovered until the rice has absorbed all of the water (about 20 minutes more).
Cooking times may vary.
Enjoy!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hum, this is one thing I have never cooked before. But your photo and recipe make it look so good and easy. Just have to get some coconut milk, that is on thing I dont have on hand.

    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what memories this inspires. We used to fix this frequently when first married. I'll need to try your recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this and it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh I love rice pudding!!! This looks incredible!

    Thanks for sharing @ Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rice pudding is just that, but your presentation makes an old favorite look new and inviting! Love it...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Rice pudding so this is a definite MUST MAKE! Thank you SO much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!