Monday, April 15, 2024

Garlic and Thyme Marinade for Beef & Broiler Grilling

I couldn't wait to do some grilling out and decided to treat myself to shish-ka-bobs... The thyme in the raised bed was beautiful and in need of a little trimming, so I tried this Garlic & Thyme Marinade for Beef. This is a good one folks, although it will be thick, so be sure to massage it into all of the meat:@) I could taste every ingredient, and it was nice to use my home grown thyme. Please give yourself lots of time for marinating, the longer the better for a big burst of flavor, even when meat is cut to kabob size. Did I fire up the grill? Unfortunately Mother Nature literally rained on my parade and added in gusting winds as an explanation point. So the cooking method was on to Plan B... 

As for broiler grilling, it works well, but we do need to be prepared for some smoke in the house. I heated the broiler to 525 degrees and placed the rack into the highest position (as close to the broiler as possible). My kabobs went onto a heavy duty sheet pan. I would loosely use these times: About 3 minutes each turn, turning the kabobs three times for rare. About 3 minutes each turn, turning the kabobs about four times for medium/well. My best tip: You might want to have a piece of meat on the pointed end of a few kabobs to easily pull off to check for desired doneness.

Garlic & Thyme Marinade for Beef-from Beef It's What's for Dinner
1/4 C olive oil
3 Tblsp red wine vinegar
3 Tblsp chopped fresh thyme -or- 1 Tblsp dried thyme
2 Tblsp sweet or smoked paprika
3 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/4 tsp ground red(?) pepper-I used black pepper
  1. Add marinade ingredients to zip top bag.
  2. Salt and pepper your beef, add it to bag. 
  3. Marinate for at least 6 hours in refrigerator, turning occasionally, you can marinate overnight. 
  4. Grill as desired.
Eat well and Have a Happy Day:@)

2 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new marinades to try. We grill pretty much every weekend and it's been a while since I've made beef kabobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good, Lynn! Unfortunately my thyme bit the dust this past winter, but I always have some dried.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!