Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Cheesy Broccoli and Rice -Instant Pot Pressure Cooker -Knorr's Knockoff

I'm always on the lookout for a little bloggy inspiration and as soon as I saw the rice mixes on the store shelf I thought, I could make that, so I did:@) Today we're making Cheesy Broccoli and Rice in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Now, for all of it's merits, and there are many, pressure cookers are not kind to broccoli. But... If you've ever made one of these rice mixes, you know the broccoli is only little green specks anyway, so into the pot it went! 15 minutes later I grated on a little cheddar cheese, gave it a stir, and our side dish was served. 
Want to make this even healthier and more whole foods? 
Use chicken stock instead of bouillon and omit the water.
The key is to break up the cube, or experience has shown me it will stay in one spot
 and make the rice around it bright yellow, and not much else.

For each 1/2 C long grain rice:
3/4 C water
1-2 chicken bouillon cubes, broken up, or use granules-2 will give you more flavor, but more salt too
At least 1/2 stalk of broccoli or more, 1-2" chunks. Optional, you can grate the stems into it too
Grated or shredded cheddar cheese, as much as you'd like-you know your crowd:@)
1. Add everything except cheese to vessel, set valve to sealing, choose the rice setting, let 'er rip.
2. Use automatic release, stir rice, add cheese, give light stir and serve with S&P at table.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. You’re always trying something fun in your kitchen, Lynn. I would love this as a side dish for sure. Have you tried the Better Than Bouillon jars? They’re really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Instant pot still scares me, I need to use it more! This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!