Monday, January 18, 2021

Raspberry Jello Bundt Cake -The Ruby Slipper -Vintage Recipe

So~many~Jello~recipes... And I want to try them all! With Valentine's Day coming up I decided to make this Raspberry Jello Bundt Cake, and it's just so pretty! It was a Jello advertisement from the 70's, and honestly one of the easiest uses of Jello I've found yet. The raspberry flavor is strong, the color beautiful and it makes one very tasty treat. They call for a dusting of powdered sugar in top, but I'd add a drizzle of white glaze if you have some seasonal sprinkles in your baking stash you'd like to use. This is a fun little novelty cake folks, get the kids involved, I'm sure they'd love sprinkling the Jello over the batter:@)

The advertisement:

Best when baked and eaten the same day.

Ruby Slipper -Raspberry Jello Bundt Cake -from ClickAmericana.com
One yellow or white cake mix, pudding included if desired-I recommend pudding included
1 C sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 C water
3 oz Raspberry Jello (four serving size)
  1. Mix first four ingredients until creamy.
  2. Pour 1/3 of the batter into greased and floured 10" bundt pan. Sprinkle with half of the Jello. Add the next 1/3 of the batter, sprinkle with Jello again. Cover Jello with the last of the batter.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes or until cake springs back.
  4. Cool in pan 5 minutes, turn out onto cooling rack.
  5. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.

Enjoy a piece of cake and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Lynn, this is a fun cake to make with the jello inside the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the look of this, Lynn! What a fun retro cake from the 70’s. I’d love to make this. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make these all the time and its still a favorite of mine today. I never knew it had a name though. I always called it Jello Tunnel Pound Cake.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!