Monday, October 26, 2020

Fruity Cranberry Apple Rosemary Stuffing

I love stuffing folks! It's something I'll even eat for breakfast with an over easy egg. My aim is to try different recipes and maybe come up with a series of keepers to make any time of year. I always look at the recipe advertisements in magazines for ideas and inspiration, and this Rosemary Cranberry Apple Stuffing is from McCormick. Love~love~love the apple in it! This is a nice, sweet stuffing that would be a fantastic side dish for a Sunday pork roast dinner (I served it with a ham steak), and it would be perfect with any holiday meal. Don't hesitate to give this one a try:@)


Notes:
  • A half batch will fit in a standard 9" pie plate. I made a half batch.
  • Use all of the apple juice, but cut back a bit on the broth if it looks like it's getting too wet. Remember the apples will give off liquid too.
  • Butter is amazing... But I'll be cutting back to half next time. But that's just in the interest of saving a few calories. Go ahead and indulge for the holidays!
  • I think a handful of chopped pecans would be very welcome. 
  • I used Arnold Oatnut Bread this time (had it in the fridge), I still haven't seen the dried cubes at the store.
  • All ovens are different, I'd use 350 degrees next time.
  • I've added a 'stuffing' label to the blog here, linking recipes for homemade stuffing or those that use boxed as an ingredient.
  • Friendly Disclaimer: While I do understand the technical difference between stuffing and dressing, my family will always call it stuffing:@)

Rosemary Cranberry Apple Stuffing
-from McCormick
1/2 C butter-can cut back
2 C chopped celery
1 C chopped onion
2 medium size, tart red apples, cored and chopped
6 oz bag dried cranberries
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
6 C dried, unseasoned breadcubes
1 C apple juice
14.5 oz can chicken broth
  1. Melt butter in skillet, cook celery and onion 5 minutes.
  2. Stir in everything else up to liquids, mix. 
  3. Use all of the apple juice, gently toss to mix.
  4. Add chicken broth. I suggest holding back a bit, just to make sure the mixture doesn't get too wet. 
  5. Spoon into sprayed 13x9 baking dish and cover with foil.
  6. Bake at 325 degrees (350 for me) for 15 minutes, remove foil, bake for another 20 minutes. Or until heated through and lightly browned. 
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

6 comments:

  1. This stuffing looks so good! A nice change from the usual stuffing. Thanks for sharing the recipe to make it Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always call it stuffing, too, Lynn. I guess it’s what we grew up calling it. This recipe sounds really, really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stuffing too Lynn, and this sounds like a great combo, I will definitely try this! Thanks!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love stuffing, too, an usually add some diced apple. But dried cranberries are another yummy addition1 I'd love this with my turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything that is in this fabulous looking stuffing. I've only made stuffing for Thanksgiving. You've given me a whole new perspective on stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds a lot like my mother's stuffing. I love the cranberries in this one and it would be delicious with pork.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!