Monday, July 13, 2020

Weight Watchers Cucumber Cooler (Easy Sugar Free Cucumber Salad) -Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly

I'm always interested in trying recipes that cut back on sugar. This Weight Watchers Cucumber Salad was a very refreshing treat! And using a couple cukes from my planter was an added bonus:@) My go-to vinegar has always been cider vinegar, so it's nice to try something with the little added bite from white vinegar. Although I will say the sweetener did tone that down quite a bit. If you're looking for a simple pickled side salad, I don't think you can wrong with this one. 

The only thing I did differently, I used Sweet-N-Low instead of Stevia.
And I chose to mix it and let it sit on the counter for a bit to get the juices flowing before placing in fridge.
This salad is easily scaled down.

Weight Watchers Cucumber Cooler/Salad-from Nana's Recipe Box
1/4 C white vinegar
1 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
6 packets of Stevia-or your sweetener of choice
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 C sliced onion
3-4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp celery seed
~Mix everything, chill for at least one hour or overnight (I let mine marinate overnight).

6 comments:

  1. I love cucumber salad and I too like recipes with not a lot of sugar. Thanks for the recipe and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best summer salads...and one I never have to share! I love that you added celery seed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get some cucumbers! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cucumber salad, too, Lynn. I usually use apple cider vinegar, but my mom always used white. This is similar to the way she made it, with onions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love cucumbers fresh from the garden! This sounds delicious and light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 27 for Crafting with Bottles and Jars (open until September 17) from my previous linkup for WW Recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!