Monday, March 9, 2020

Sweet Cocktail Meatballs-Grape Jelly/Ketchup, Slow Cooker Appetizer & Philadelphia Sports Team Tree

While I've made a ton of meatball appy recipes here on the blog, I've never tried a traditional one using grape jelly... Let's add that to the list, shall we:@) What I like about these Sweet Cocktail Meatballs is, they are made with ketchup, no need to buy a special bottle of chili sauce, which is something I just don't have in the pantry. They are sweet and a little tangy, and come together easily in the slow cooker. I made a 7 oz bag of frozen meatballs in my Little Dipper Crock Pot, perfect for noshing on during March Madness or a hockey game (go Flyers!!!).

I've always had a seasonal tree in the livingroom, but recently I decided to expand upon my Eagles tree and make it a 4 for 4 tree by adding the other Philadelphia sports teams! Right now we're all Flyer'd up here at Pig In Mud, and hockey is very exciting in Philly:@)

The Phillies batting helmet is a 97¢ ice cream bowl,
 the #1 Fan foam fingers were children's Valentines Day cards,
and the little soccer ball ornaments were after Christmas clearance at Walmart.

 I don't know if I'll keep this big tree up all year...
But for right now I'm really enjoying it:@)
And of course, while our teams are winning I can't mess with the mojo...
  
Football, baseball, hockey and basketball...
Clear Flyers ball (upper right) 39¢ box of clearance balls, cut logo's from fabric, glued to ball.
76er's (lower left) = Wood numbers from Dollar Tree, covered in red and blue glitter, glue numbers together.
Vintage wooden baseball player = 50¢ thrift store ornament.
Basketball player = 50¢ thrift store toy.

Even our silly mascots are represented!!!

Sweet Cocktail Meatball Appy-adapted from-Slow Cooker Gourmet
7 oz frozen meatballs
1/4 + 1/8 C (6 Tblsp) grape jelly
1/4 + 18 C (6 Tblsp) ketchup
  1. Add meatballs to Little Dipper Crock Pot.
  2. Stir jelly and ketchup together (you could microwave it for a few seconds, but I didn't bother with that).
  3. Pour jelly/ketchup over meatballs.
  4. Add paper towel under lid, plug in Crock Pot, cook for 2-3 hours or until meatballs are heated through. Stirring occasionally.
Cheer for your teams, eat well, and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Wonderful Wednesday
A Morning Cup of Joe

5 comments:

  1. When I met my husband, he was a big fan of cocktail meatballs and he made them for most gatherings. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sparkly sports attired tree is such a fun addition to your home, Lynn! You're so creative in designing ornaments! Your meatballs are indeed an easy appetizer with readily available ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A classic!! I've never made these, but I've eaten them numerous times! P.S. Fun tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember many years ago when I used to make these meatballs as an appetizer for parties I used to go to. They are perfect for parties. I like your cute tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sports tree Lynn! I haven't been to a hockey game in ages but it's always a good time especially if you have a winning team. March Madness isn't going to be the same without any spectators in the stands, but better to be safe than sorry. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!