Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Family Hamburger Soup with Mixed Vegetables -Pillsbury's #1 Soup Recipe

I get emails of recipes all the time and every once in a while one catches my eye... Pillsbury said this Family Hamburger Soup is the most popular soup recipe on their site, so I had to give it a try. This is a nice hearty soup for the last days of winter, while hinting towards warmer weather with the thinner, lighter broth. A yes, you ~will~ notice the addition of Worcestershire sauce:@) Don't hesitate to give this a try folks, I think it will appeal to most.

Family Hamburger Soup-from Pillsbury
1 lb ground beef (preferably at least 80% lean)
1 C chopped onion
2 C diced, peeled russet potatoes (about 1 lb)
1 C sliced celery
12 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
32 oz beef broth
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
~Brown hamburger and onion in large pot.
~Add everything else, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

6 comments:

  1. I love to visit Pillsbury's website and peruse their recipes~ this one is simple and basic, I can see why it's most popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This simple soup sounds perfect and so easy and quick, which is what I like these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! I have nothing for dinner tonight and this soup looks easy and tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder of Pillsbury's website, I think I must have unsubscribed in an effort to cut down my mail. I just popped over and saw Pig Butt cookies that reminded me of Earl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 28 for Soup Recipes, open until September 27.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious. I always loved the Pillsbury recipes. I used to subscribe to their little booklet recipes that came out monthly. Their recipes were always a hit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!