Monday, September 2, 2019

Brown Sugar Spritz -Vintage Recipe -And National Teddy Bear Day

Did you know September 10th is National Teddy Bear Day? So I thought it would be fun to make these Brown Sugar Spritz Cookies using the Oxo teddy bear disc in honor of that:@) It's really nice to have some cooler weather and be able to use the oven again! This is a fun little spritz recipe, the brown sugar gives the cookies a little bit of a caramel flavor but basically, they'd best be described as a crunchy sweet little treat.  I have a jar of Wilton red and pink heart sprinkles, it's nice to use the pink ones.

I think the teddy bear disc would be fun for a baby shower too.

The recipe I found on Pinterest:

My only change, I used butter instead of margarine.

Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Made By You Monday
Meal Plan Monday
Wonderful Wednesday
A Morning Cup Of Joe
Meal Plan Monday
Happiness is Homemade
Craftastic Monday

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm back. Don't know how I got sidetracked for so long. I haven't used my cookie press in ages. These sound very good and the brown sugar would give them just a little bit different taste. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ❤️ that teddy bear disc, Lynn! The cookie flavor sounds so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe and about September 10th. I love teddy bears 🧸.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Lynn, I didn't know there was a teddy bear disc! Here, here to cooking down some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh too cute!!! My grandson would love these, he doesn't go anywhere without his "Teddy!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I'd definitely use butter, too! So delicious with the brown sugar---and pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!