Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Lipton Onion Soup Mix Horseradish and Bacon Dip

Need a munchie for the playoffs or Super Bowl party? I'm here to help ya folks. This Lipton ad from 1979 gave us four options for party dips and I just had to try the Horseradish and Bacon Dip:@) Love horseradish? Go ahead and add more. Or how about splitting the onion dip in half and making 1 C of two different dips below. I really don't think you can go wrong here, this dip is so good it's hard to stop eating it... Please don't hate me for that:@) I set it out with potato chips, my son cut up some carrots and loved it like that-anything goes and it has so much more flavor than the tub from the store!

I really get a kick out of these old ads.
The recipe for each dip variation has been clearly typed out HERE.

Lipton Onion Soup Horseradish 'n Bacon Dip
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
16 oz sour cream
6 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled
3 tsp horseradish
~Mix everything and let sit for an hour or so.
~Serve with chips and veggies.

Remember, football calories don't count...
and have a happy day:@)

8 comments:

  1. My guy would love the horseradish version ~ I'm going to make it! Are you just so excited! Yes, EAGLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE onion dip, and you're right it's so easy to make, why buy? The horseradish is a great addition! We are rooting for the Eagles this weekend!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dip and Chip is a favorite of mine but so many calories! Go Eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Lynn...what's not to love here?! Chips are my kryptonite, this would dangerous for us. Pulling for the Eagles this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok.. Dip is my weakness! This looks amazing. I could lick the screen right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chips and dip have always been a favorite of mine. Now I just eat the chips...LOL....but this does sound wonderful. Pulling for your Eagles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this retro dip! I don't think we ever tried any but the basic recipe! Fingers crossed for the Eagles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made the dip and shared it today. We love it :) On to victory!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!