Monday, September 25, 2017

Two Ingredient Apple Pie Cups

Wow, talk about impressive looking and super easy! These Two Ingredient Apple Pie Cups are a very nice weekend treat and only require a tube of store bought cinnamon buns (the kind you peel the paper off and hit the tube on the counter to open) and a can of apple pie filling. I pressed the dough into the cupcake tin with my fingers but kinda wondered when done if using the bottom of a glass might work well too... I also brushed some of the gel from the apples before adding them to the dough. The only other thing I'd suggest is to sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and sugar after they're iced... Yep, that might be nice:@) Best served shortly after baking.
Dollar Tree has both apple pie filling and I made a cherry pie filling version here.

Don't hesitate to give this fun little treat a try folks, and get the kids involved... They'd have a blast helping smoosh the rolls into the cupcake tin. Pillsbury has a great picture tutorial here.

Here they are out of the oven and after cooling for 10-15 minutes, I iced the ones on the left. I wanted to show this so you could see that the apples stay warm longer than the biscuits, so the icing kinda melted on the apples. You may want to let them cool a little longer for prettier presentation.
Tip: Please forgive me Pillsbury... I bought the Walmart brand of cinnamon rolls and the icing came in a plastic bag that already had a little point so that if you cut the point off you can easily drizzle the icing over the muffins.

2-Ingredient Apple Pie Cups-from Pillsbury
  1. Spray 8 regular size muffin cups with cooking spray, I used Aldi's brand of Baker's Joy-love that brand!
  2. Press one muffin into and up the sides of each cup.
  3. Spoon 2 Tblsp apple pie filling into each muffin. I brushed some of the gel off and diced the apples up a bit, then just filled the cups.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees (or recommended temperature on biscuit package) 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
  5. Remove muffins from pan, allow to cool a little longer. Heat icing if it's not a drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over muffins. 
Pour a strong cuppa and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Craftastic Monday
The Scoop
Show and Tell Link Party
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

13 comments:

  1. My kind of recipe Lynn! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO easy and definitely impressive!! Love this kind of recipe when life gets busy and I need treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those apple pie cups the cutest?! Cissy would love making those, but I found out that she wasn't a fan of the apple pie filling! We will need to try a different flavor. I loved your tip to Pillsbury, but at least you used their recipe! I love Baker's Joy, too, and will look for the Aldi brand when I need more. I hope you have a great week, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I'm going to try this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks bunches, Lynn...I've got company coming this weekend & this will be a perfect, easy, quick treat! Much appreciate you sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is what I'm talking about!!! I just happen to have a can of cinnamon buns that needs to be cracked open and a few cans of apples in the cupboard. Yesss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful and so easy too Lynn! Thanks for the tip on Aldi's brand baking spray. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was planning on making these Lynn, how long do they stay fresh, do they hold for 2-3 days?
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious idea for easy individual servings! I didn't know Aldi's made a Baker's Joy-style spray. Gotta get some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't get any easier then that! Can't wait to make this recipe over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!
    Your awesome post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week and is pinned to our Features Board. Hope you enjoy your weekend and your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!