Monday, September 19, 2016

Thick Maple Glaze for baked goods

I decided to add another fall flavor, a Thick Maple Glaze, to a pumpkin bread (made in a NordicWare Great Pumpkin pan). This pan makes two pumpkin halves, but they puffed up and domed as cakes have a tendency to. Instead of cutting them flat and stacking them, I just kept them as two Baby Boo type pumpkins:@) This glaze makes the perfect amount for one small cake, the other cake is wrapped and in the freezer for later. 

Oh so thick and good...

Thick Maple Glaze
1/4 C powdered sugar
1 Tblsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp maple extract-my maple extract is a very dark brown color
~Mix everything well in small bowl, drizzle on cooled cake/bread. I used a 1 C measuring cup and drizzled it from the pour spout.

Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Mix It Up Monday
Craftastic Monday
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

16 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn. this is such a yummy idea. Love maple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome fall and maple glaze! It looks delicious!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Lynn, I could eat that glaze with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the only one who likes maple here...your cakes look wonderful with all that yummy glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your glaze looks fabulous!!! I needed this for an apple cake I made a few weeks ago---the glaze was a huge disaster. Thankfully, the cake was yummy even without it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious-looking glaze, Lynn, and I love how you made in look like the hills and hollows of a real pumpkin :) I love NordicWare products also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your glaze makes me want to lick my computer screen. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're on the same page, I guess Fall is really finally in the air! I adore maple and I could eat this glaze on EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that cake is as cute as can be, Lynn. :-D The maple glaze looks and sounds delicious, too. I'm thinking it could have endless possibilities for kicking things up a notch. Thank you for sharing with us and have a great weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to lick your glaze right off my screen Lynn! I have one of those pans that I got at the end of the season on clearance and I haven't used it yet. I love the idea of freezing the other half instead of making a 3-D cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynn,
    Could I please just have a small bowl of that awesome maple glaze, I can almost taste it! Thanks so much for sharing with us today at Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh!! there goes me sweet tooth! now I must go search the kitchen! lol! that looks soo yummy!
    have a great day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just give me the bowl and the spoon! I don't need anything to glaze but my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely glaze and I like that it's nice and thick. A real winner in my book. Hope you have a nice weekend Lynn.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynn, Hope you're ok and enjoying a relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!