The recipe came from Ball's new book of canning, which truly is new. I'd call this a cookbook that is extremely diverse in it's ideas and recipes.
Stay tuned, I'll have a pickle recipe to share soon that I'm pretty excited to try:@)
What is Can It Forward Day?
A fun opportunity to learn more about canning:
- You can ask Jarden Home Brands canning experts any preserving or home canning questions via Twitter with the hashtag #canitforward from on . You can also share your own #canitforward creations with the brand on Pinterest and Instagram.
- You can pledge to can-it-forward by signing up via the pledge page and share with friends.
- You can tune in on July 22nd to watch canning demonstrations via Facebook Live from . Each hour, viewers will have the chance to win a giveaway prize!
- If you engage with any of the Facebook Live recipe videos, a donation will be made to charity.
And here's that zucchini recipe we all need right about now...
May I suggest canning some jars for Christmas gifts-it's coming folks, it's coming...
Zucchini Bread Jam-from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving
4 C zucchini, shredded-ok to mix in yellow summer squash
1 C apple juice
6 Tblsp Ball classic powdered pectin
1/4 C golden raisins-I used regular raisins
1 Tblsp bottled lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3 C sugar
- Add everything except sugar to 6 quart stainless steel or enameled cast iron pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar, stir to dissolve, bring to rolling boil. Boil for one minute, remove from heat.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, leave 1/4" head space. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims, add lids and rings.
- Process in hot water bath for 15 minutes.
Let's use up that zucchini and have a happy day:@)