Sunday, March 20, 2016

Kate Middleton Inspired Hat for Barbie from Recycled Bottle Cap

I thought it would be fun to make an Easter Bonnet for Barbie from a Recycled Bottle Cap. These little pill box type hats that Kate Middleton likes can be as basic or extravagant as desired, and if you've Googled images you know what I mean! I simply wrapped the brim of mine with ribbon and added some fancy embellishments... It is a holiday after all:@)
Once again anything goes folks... Break out the ribbon, buttons, millinery flowers, rick-rack, tulle, whatever you have in your stash. My feather was from a craft pack of feathers, I just cut it down to Barbie size and hot glued everything onto the water bottle cap.
 Pin It
 I think it turned out cute! 
This would be a fun project for older girls or a great little gift for you ~or the Easter Bunny~ to tuck inside a plastic egg. Since my Barbie was sitting still for a photo shoot (total Diva) I just sat the hat on her head. For active girls you'll want to add a bobby pin or elastic chin strap.
 Barbie says she feels rather... regal:@)

Let's get ready for the Easter parade and have a happy day!

I'm Joining:
Craftastic Monday
Mix It Up Monday
The Scoop
featured on Totally Tutorials
Whimsy Wednesday
Wildly Original Link Party

9 comments:

  1. Darling! And, a great project with the kids during Easter break from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SO cute and creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO creative!!! I wish we wore hats more, I love them! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Barbie looks rather regal, too! I so love the hat you created, Lynn, and I love that you enjoy playing and creating. Barbie is going to be styling for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Lynn, how adorable! She looks quite stylish!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That adorable hat makes Barbie look just like Kate.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Barbie-Kate's Easter bonnet Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!