Saturday, February 27, 2016

Lemon Fudge

While it might not make sense I'm going to say it anyway... This Lemon Fudge is a 'lighter' fudge for Easter and spring. Unfortunately not lighter in calories, but lighter in color, flavor and ~feel~. It's creamy and sweet, the pale yellow is beautiful and the lemon flavor is mellow and smooth. This is just a happy little fudge folks, I think you'll like it if you try it:@)
Sprinkles can be changed up for St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day or even team colors for opening day... 
Actually, the fudge is really great plain too.
 I made a half batch in a bread pan lined with Reynolds Release and only added one drop of yellow food coloring.
  Fudge is a great treat for non-bakers to bring to a holiday dinner or party.
Easy and good, ya gotta love it!

Lemon Fudge-adapted from Through Clouded Glass and Recipe Lion
1 1/2 C sugar
2/3 C whole milk or cream-I used half and half
1/4 C butter
1 1/2 C white chocolate chips-I used Ghirardelli
1 Tblsp lemon extract
1 tsp lemon zest, optional-I added it
2-3 drops yellow food coloring if desired-I desired
Sprinkles for top, optional
  1. Place sugar, milk/cream and butter in pan. While stirring, bring to a boil over medium heat.
  2. Once it boils stop stirring and boil it for 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and stir, add chips, extract, zest and food coloring. Stir vigorously until smooth (I gave up on the spatula and used a whisk). 
  4. Pour into a buttered 8x8 dish (I lined mine with Reynolds Release instead). Immediately add sprinkles and gently push into fudge.
  5. Cool at least 6 hours in the fridge, cut into squares and enjoy!
  6. Store in air tight container in fridge.

13 comments:

  1. Want to give this a try. Its seems like a nice change from that ole chocolate lol though I do like chocolate but I love Lemon anything almost.. Love the sprinkles. Pretty for a spring tea or summer one. Thank you for sharing. Happy Saturday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for an Easter treat, Lynn! I love lemon desserts and would probably amp up the lemon zest even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty for Easter! I just made your Hershey kiss shamrocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had lemon fudge...sounds and looks so good! So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well! Ive never heard of lemon fudge.. but I am going to try this. I LOVE anything lemony! and those are sooo stinking cute! my brain is being consumed by easter colors, bunnies and chicks!
    have a great day and thanks for sharing!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of lemon fudge Lynn! Those bunny sprinkles are so festive too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for Easter and how clever to change the sprinkles for each holiday or celebration.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fudge looks lemony delicious, Lynn, and so pretty with the Easter sprinkles. I'll bet you're ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sprinkles make everything happy Lynn, and the sound of lemon fudge sounds divine...
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous Easter treat! I've never thought of making a lemon fudge, but it sounds delicous! I love that you can make a half batch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! Perfect for Spring or Easter! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is making my sweet tooth hungry, it looks so good! Looking forward to seeing you again at Full Plate Thursday tonight!
    Hope you are having a great day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!