Approx 1 1/2 C of your favorite pico de gallo, including liquid
enough water to make 1 C
1/2 C long grain rice
- Strain liquid from pico de gallo into a 1 C measuring cup. Add enough water to make 1 C.
- Pour liquid into pan and bring to a boil. Add rice, cover, stir occasionaly and cook until done.
- Gently stir in the pico de gallo.
~This made well over 3 cups~
3 large tomatoes-maybe the size of a baseball
a plum sized onion, finely diced
half of a small green bell pepper, finely diced
one small jalapeno, no seeds or membrane, finely diced
large handful of cilantro, finely minced
one lime, juiced
S&P to taste
- Cut tomatoes in half and run fingers through them to remove most of the seeds, small dice and place in bowl.
- Add the rest of the veggies, cilantro and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add S&P to taste. Let marinate for an hour.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)