I have done something similar using meatballs and think cooked sausage in the shells would work too.
Not super model pretty, but pretty darn good!
Large shells, cooked, cooled and drained
Spaghetti sauce-your favorite brand
Parmesan for sprinkling on top
- Place chicken on counter to begin to thaw while cooking pasta.
- Cook shells to desired firmness, drain and rinse well with cold water, drain again.
- Pour some spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a baking dish, swirl around to cover bottom and sides of dish.
- Place a chicken nugget in the shell, add some mozzarella and place (open end up) in the dish. Do this for all of the shells.
- Add a spoonful of sauce to each shell-as much as you'd like.
- Sprinkle top with extra mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Finish under broiler to brown up the cheese on top if desired.
- Serve with extra spaghetti sauce, optional.
- Head over to Plain Chicken HERE to see how she made hers, she used Popcorn Chicken and different cheeses.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)