Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Okabashi Shoes-are you familiar with them?

Many years ago in July we had two steady weeks of rain in Philly, every pair of shoes I owned were soaked. One day while sloshing through the supermarket I saw a display of Okabashi Shoes, they appeared to be almost rubber(?), they were on sale and had sandals in my size. I immediately bought them, tossed my wet sneakers into the bag and wore them home. I still have that beaten to death well worn pair today. Let me tell you why I tracked them down again...
Pic from their site, trust me, a picture of my stubby piggies in them would not look this good:@).

Why it's a good idea to own at least one pair of Okabashi:
  1. It rains (sometimes a lot, sometimes suddenly), they don't hold water, give 'em a shake and they dry off quickly.
  2. If you're a gardener dirt hoses off beautifully, same thing for sand.
  3. Perfect for washing the car, the siding, the dog, etc...
  4. They fit snugly and have some arch support. A better fit than Sloggers and Crocs-in this reporter's opinion.
  5. Nice grip for walking on wet surfaces.
  6. They offer much more cushion for walking than cheaper flip flops. Also, no possible blow outs...
  7. They're cute.
  8. They feel great on.
  9. Many styles and colors to choose from, for both men and women.
  10. Recyclable.
  11. MADE IN THE USA!!!
I'm just sharing something that I do honestly like and recently treated myself to two more pair. I was surprised when Okabashi sent me an email saying they'd give anyone I referred to them an $8 discount if they use the code from this link HERE, so I'm passing it on in case you're interested.

Have a happy day:@)

Full disclosure: Will this post do anything for me? They say I'll have a buy one get one free offer, but since I only like low heels and sandals, I already have the shoes I'd want that are still available in my size.

10 comments:

  1. My mom and sister bought some a while back and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for made in USA and recyclable too! I like that you can send your worn pair back and receive a coupon for your next purchase too Lynn! Thanks for the link and info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of these Lynn, but I do slosh thru a lot of rain, so I will go check them out! Sounds like a very consumer friendly US company, nice!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely sounds like a good product for gardeners and the like. i'm glad you like them - you deserve a free pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this info. with us, Lynn!! I love the look of these shoes! I can't wear Crocs because my feet are too narrow, and I have to have arch support, so these sound like the perfect shoes for me. :) This style is really cute too, which is always a plus. ;) I'm going to Pin these right now and thanks again for sharing. I hope you're having some lovely weather in your part of the world, my friend.

    Have a great day!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well with all the rain we've been having, these shoes would sure come in handy. Thanks for sharing the information with us and how nice of them to give us a discount.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the name looked familiar, and I just looked in my closet and I have a pair of Okabashi flip flops and I do love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have to opt to use them gardening....sadly, there is no rain in my area... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is something I will have to look into for sure! How fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is something I will have to look into for sure! How fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!