Lovin' those layers:@)
Black and White Cream Pie-from Mr.Food.com
9" pie crust, cooked and cooled-I used a purchased Keebler Shortbread crust
A four serving size package of cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 C milk
1/2 C chocolate chips-I used semi-sweet Ghirardelli
1/2 C white chocolate chips-I used Ghirardelli
- In medium sauce pan add milk and pudding mix, stir constantly over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Pour half of the pudding into a bowl, add the chocolate chips and stir until melted and combined. Pour into pie crust.
- Add white chocolate chips to the rest of the pudding and stir until melted and combined. Carefully pour over top of the chocolate pudding. *I poured the white chips onto the pudding at the same time I added the chocolate chips, this gave them time to start melting. If you only have one whisk, save it for the white chips, I find that they don't melt as easily as the chocolate ones.
- Cover so plastic wrap touches the top of the pudding and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate if desired.