These little sheet cakes bake up so fast, mine was done in 15 minutes, and the cake stays so moist!
This was a big hit at Sunday dinner and while I sent a couple slices home with the kids,
I don't mind telling you, I did make sure to save some for my morning coffee:@)
Pumpkin Sheet Cake, 9x13 Quarter Sheet Cake Size-adapted from King Arthur Flour
1/2 C vegetable oil-I used half oil, half sour cream
1/2 C brown sugar
1 Tblsp sugar-they call for 1/4 C
1/2 C pumpkin
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
*1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp each ginger, nutmeg and cloves
1 C A/P flour
1/4 C chopped walnuts, toasted-I didn't have any but would have loved them!
1/2 C raisins
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbslp butter, softened
1 Tblsp maple syrup
1 1/4 C powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 C toasted walnuts for the top
- I added all of the cake ingredients to a bowl and mixed them up good. *I just shake in the spices to taste. You can click the link HERE to see specific instructions.
- Grease a 9x13 sheet pan well-I used Crisco.
- Pour batter into sheet pan and spread out.
- Bake at 350 until done, start checking around 12 minutes, mine took 15.
- Cool and add frosting. Note: I didn't make this frosting (although it sounds great!), I just winged it with about 3oz cream cheese, 1 1/2 Tblsp butter, 1 C powdered sugar, splash of vanilla and just enough heavy cream to get it started.