Stop by Rita's for directions using longer cooking bone-in chicken thighs. A half batch of boneless breasts gave me two lunches, if you only make a half batch I suggest that you still go ahead and use all of the apple. I also added a lot more cilantro when I sat down to eat. This was really different for me and tasted great! Of the things I've tried so far on my new foods list, curry has been my favorite! I'll be looking for other recipes that use curry powder, stay tuned...
Quick Coconut Curry Chicken-from Rita's Recipes
3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 Tblsp oil
1 Tblsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tblsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 C chicken broth
1/2 C coconut milk
1 Tblsp cornstarch
chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown chicken in oil and butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, apple, garlic and spices, cook about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and broth, simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water, add to pan to thicken up the sauce.
- Serve over rice with lots of cilantro for the top.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)
My New Foods List:
(If my sons happen to read this... relax! I still promise
fairly "normal" Sunday dinners...)