The only thing I'd do differently: The recipe does make a lot of crust, I wouldn't use all of it the next time.
I also had some custard that wouldn't fit in the pie shell so I baked that off in a ramekin as the Cook's snack:@)
I thought it would be pretty to add the chocolate chips only around the outer edge, but the pie puffed up like custard does, and after chasing a few chips that rolled off around the kitchen I decided that wasn't such a good idea... So I just sprinkled them on top. The heat from the pie helped make them stick a bit.
Don't hesitate to give this a try folks!
Cannoli Pie-from Baking Bites
1 2/3 C A/P flour
1/4 C Sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon-I used 1/4 tsp
1/2 C butter, chilled
15 oz ricotta cheese
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp lemon zest, optional-I did not use this
1/2 C miniature chocolate chips
- Cut butter into the dry ingredients, then add egg and mix well. You can click the link above for food processor instructions, I suggest just using your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9"pie plate and place in the fridge until the custard is made.
- Mix everything well, except chocolate chips. Pour into pie crust. Baking Bites sprinkled chocolate chips on top before baking, I sprinkled them on as soon as I took the pie out of the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-50 minutes. The center will be barely jiggly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips (if you didn't add them earlier).
- Cool and store in the fridge. Best eaten the day it's made.