Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mardi Gras Dyed Deviled Eggs

Have you heard there's this little party going on down south, I believe it's called Mardi Gras... I'm planning a themed dinner so I thought I'd add these Mardi Gras Dyed Deviled Eggs to the menu! Simply use food coloring and dip half of each peeled egg into green and the other half into purple, the gold kinda takes care of itself:@) Use your favorite deviled egg recipe and you're all set!
Pin It
I use 1 tsp vinegar, 1/2 C warm water and about 20 drops of food coloring for each color.
Dip them until you get the desired color. After each dipping I turned them upside down on a paper towel to drain.
I'll be honest and say purple isn't an easy color folks. For every 10 drops of red add 2-3 of blue. Mine kinda looked brown so I read to add a pinch of baking soda and did... figured it couldn't hurt.
For the best coloring, these eggs should be served the day they're made.

Have a happy day and laissez-les-bons-temps-rouler:@)

I'm joining:
Seasonal Sunday
A Round Tuit
Craftastic Monday

17 comments:

  1. too darn cute! my father used to pickle eggs with beet juice for easter. (ewww!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever. You've got the just the right combination of colors and I bet taste too! Just wanted to wish you a Happy Pig Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynnie! Oh, aren't these the cutest things? Those sure would be a hit at a Mardi Gras party. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so....... fun Lynn, I love them. You come up with the best ideas, I had no clue you could do thisl

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute...How can it possibly be Mardi Gras already again?
    Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting ready for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun Lynn! I love the colors for Mardi Gras :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fabulous job with the color Lynn. These eggs are so cool.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's fun and festive! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so doing this for St. Pats weekend, all green! Little pots of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, these are just such fun! Wow! This takes the cake... Or the egg!

    xoxo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you smart lady, those look adorable and delicious! I love so many of your recipes, they are wonderful! You have such a great blog, Lynn!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always so creative!! These are perfect!! I just made the bread machine recipe you posted a few weeks ago. Posting about it tonight. WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea and I see the "pigs" are decked out for Mardi Gras too :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun are these eggs! Have fun celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always share the most festive eggs, Lynn. I hope you're keeping Earl out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! What a great idea.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!