Cranberry Apple Jam
For every 1 cup of fresh cranberries use:
*1/2 C sugar
1/2 C water
1/2 large apple, peeled and grated
cinnamon to taste-I just wanted a hint and used 1/16 tsp per 1 C cranberries
1/4 lemon, juiced
- In large pot bring everything to a boil, reduce heat a bit but keep it boiling for about 10 minutes stirring constantly, you'll notice it begin to thicken up and coat a spoon nicely.
- Ladle into sterilized jars and either cool and store covered in the fridge or process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- If the cranberries weren't frozen I would have cut them in half and bounced them around in a colander to remove some of the seeds.
- *After it cooks for a bit carefully taste it, I like it a little more tart, you may want to add a little more sugar.
- Cranberries can splatter and stain as they pop, try pushing them under the liquid with a spoon or potato masher to pop them.
- Possible variation: I'd like to try using orange juice instead of water.
- 2 cups of cranberries/1 apple gave me 2 1/2 half pint jars.
- Other fresh cranberry ideas: Mostly Seedless Jelly, Cheesecake Topping and Cranberry Chess Pie.